With a reputation for some of the best steak in Bristol, The Ox is an institution in the city’s famous food scene, bringing you the best local, seasonal produce cooked to exceptional standards.
We’re now open for bookings, offering a specially created set menu alongside a host of expertly created cocktails, wines and local beers. We’ll be offering you a choice of two sittings throughout the evening to adhere to the new government guidelines, but rest assured we’ll still be bringing you our unrivalled Ox experience of outstanding food, drink, service and atmosphere.
Monday – Saturday: 5pm to 12pm
Sunday Roasts: 12pm to 6pm
We are a city centre restaurant and perfect for any occasion whether that’s quick mid-week bite to eat, after work drink or a celebration meal.
We believe in creating exceptional food cooked to perfection by our expert chefs. Steak is at the heart of everything we do, as is our commitment to using local and seasonal produce wherever possible.
We’ve slimmed down the menu to go with our slimmed down restaurant. We are now serving a series of set menus incorporating many of our favourite Ox dishes to ensure we are able to run efficiently within the new guidelines. Hopefully we’ll be back to our normal capacity and full menu before too long!
COCKTAILS & WINE
We take our wine just as seriously as we take our steak, meaning our wine list is exciting, ever-evolving and offers something for all tastes.
Whether you want deep, delicious reds, light, crisp whites or something sparkling for a celebration, we work hard to ensure our wine list matches perfectly with our food and your mood.
A PERFECT GIFT
Treat someone special to a gift voucher or package for The Ox! And the good news is that you can use the Ox’s gift vouchers also in our cocktail bars, Hyde & Co and The Milk Thistle; our speakeasy bars won’t disappoint.
(Vouchers can take up to 48 hours to arrive – don’t forget to check your spam!)
BOOK A TABLE
If you are booking for a party of 8 or more, please telephone us on 0117 922 1001.
- Only bookings accepted. Walk ins must leave contact details of the lead booker for the track and trace system
- Please use the sanitiser or wipes provided
- Keep your distance. Try to keep at least 1 metre distance when moving from your table to the restrooms or exit
- Card payments only. Please use contactless payment where possible to settle bills
- Be nice! We are trying our best to deliver the ambiance and atmosphere which we are famous for. Please respect the rules and be kind to each other and our team.